From Daily Mirror: Tory Lord Norman Tebbit has said the Nazis were left wing, denied that the man who murdered MP Jo Cox was a “far right terrorist”, and questioned whether right-wing extremism exists.
From Pink News: Lord Tebbit, a Tory member of the House of Lords and a former Chairman of the Conservative Party, has claimed pollution is making people transgender.
Lord Tebbit, a former Thatcher minister and Chairman of the Conservative Party, is a long-running opponent of LGBT rights.
The 86-year-old peer spoke out this week in an article in the Telegraph.
1. The time David Cameron went to apartheid South Africa
2. When Boris Johnson described black people as “piccaninnies”
3. When the magazine edited by Boris Johnson published an article claiming ‘black people have lower IQs’
4. The councillor who posted a picture of a gorilla alongside a critical comment about an Asian Labour councillor on a blog
5. The councillor who said Romanians would ‘stick a knife in you’
6. The MP who said members were treated like Jews in Nazi Germany after the expenses scandal
7. The councillor who complained about ‘foreign names’ among parliamentary candidates
8. The councillor who moaned there were “too many P***s” in his town
9. When Lord Tebbit told Baroness Warsi to be quiet after she spoke out about Islamophobia