From The Guardian: A Conservative MP who has been appointed as a party vice-chairman once suggested that unemployed people should opt for free vasectomies rather than continuing to have children they could not afford to support.
In a blogpost, Ben Bradley claimed that the country would be soon “drowning in a vast sea of unemployed wasters” if workless families had four or five children while others limited themselves to one or two.
From Huffpost UK: Theresa May accused Labour of wanting to spend money on “this, that and the other” after Jeremy Corbyn demanded a pay rise for nurses.
The two party leaders clashed over the issue during Prime Minister’s Questions, with Corbyn urging May to “see sense” and scrap the one per cent public sector pay cap.
His comments came as hundreds of nurses descended on Parliament to protest over low pay, with the Royal College of Nursing warning strikes could take place if a “change of direction” is not announced this Autumn.
Nurses taking part in the protest told HuffPost UK the comments were “absolutely astonishing”.
[Read full article on Huffpost UK…]
From Evolve Politics: The Conservative MP for South West Devon, Gary Streeter, in a heated exchange with journalist Paul Mason, tweeted:
[Read full article on Evolve Politics website…]
From The Independent: Mr Stanley received a unsolicited message over Facebook Messenger from outgoing Tory MP for Peterborough, Stewart Jackson, which said: “Not many benefits of losing the election but one of them is probably not having to engage with thick chavs like you Stanley. Bye for now…”
[Read full article on Independent website…]
From Daily Mirror:
1) Bedroom Tax
2) Denying disability benefit to 165,000 people
3) Scrapping housing benefit for 18-21 year olds
4) The benefit cap
5) Massive hikes to tuition fees
6) Junior doctors’ contracts
7) School cuts
8) £30-a-week cuts to the sick
9) Legal aid cuts
10) Making rape victims prove their ordeal
11) Calling £450,000 homes ‘affordable’
12) Scrapping the Human Rights Act
13) Scrapping nurses’ bursaries
14) Trying to bring back fox hunting
15) Snooping on all your texts, e-mails and browsing records
16) The great crackdown on unions
17) Slashing green subsidies
18) Only taking 480 child refugees
19) Scrapping child poverty targets
20) Trying to impose fees for court cases
21) Cutting inheritance tax for the rich
22) Making people show passports in hospital
23) Turning landlords into immigration enforcers
24) Social care cuts
25) The public sector pay freeze
26) The benefit freeze
27) NHS ‘efficiency savings’
28) Mental health bed numbers reduced
29) Trying to hike council tenants’ rents
[Read full article with descriptions on the Daily Mirror website…]
From The News in Shorts: “A sociopath is someone who is utterly selfish, has no empathy with anyone else and will ruthlessly exploit other’s weaknesses for their own benefit. There is no lie they will not tell, no despicable action they won’t take to get what they want and, when caught out, will move heaven and earth to distance themselves from the consequences of what they’ve done.”