7 reasons the Tories will never fix the housing crisis
7 REASONS THE TORIES WILL NEVER FIX THE HOUSING CRISIS. Want safe, secure and affordable housing for everyone? KICK OUT THE TORIES.Video by Harriet Vickers for RHN. #ukhousing
Posted by Radical Housing Network on Sunday, June 4, 2017
- The Tories say everyone should own their home… but who can afford to buy?
- Tory policies help the wealthy. To afford a starter home in London you need to be earning at least £70,000
- We could solve the crisis by building council housing… But the Tories won’t do this. Building council housing would save huge amounts of public money.
- Millions of us are stuck renting… One third of Tory MPs are landlords. So are they on the side of renters…?
- The Tories promise us affordable housing… but they are stopping councils from building it.
- The Tories are putting private profit over our need for homes. We don’t need more expensive flats. What we really need is planning regulation and public investment.
- Tory housing policy is all about enabling demand, not tackling supply.
“To solve the crisis, we need massive public investment. Not going to happen with the Tories. Want the housing crisis to go away? Kick out the Tories.”